Coaching Programs Run Right
MVS Track and Running Programs
RUN RIGHT – MVS Coaching Clinic
As a coach I see so many runners working hard at speed workouts and long runs. Too many times their training comes to a screeching halt due to injuries. Too often I hear “I was feeling great until the last few miles, then I hit a wall”.
Just like a building, our bodies need a solid base, without one it tumbles. Running puts an extreme amount of stress on our bodies, running efficiently creates even more undo stress.
In the upcoming 2-week “RUN RIGHT” clinic you will learn how to become a stronger happier runner through the four topics that we will cover.
- Efficiency The process of gait analysis will be explained. To demonstrate, several runners will partake in a modified analysis to learn to identify and correct weaknesses
- Nutrition Participants will learn about Metabolic Efficiency Training and how to apply it to training and racing
- Mobility A three-part session consisting of balance, flexibility and strength. Participants will spend 20-30 minutes on each segment to learn a basic routine to compliment run training
- Cross Training The value of incorporating alternative aerobic and strength activities will be discussed. Participants will go through a 40-50 minute cross-training session.
The RUN RIGHT schedule is as follows:
- Gait Analysis* Tuesday December 3 (With Josh Puyear, Movement and Biomechanic Specialist)
- Metabolic Efficiency Training (Nutrition) Thursday Dec 5 (With Caroline Kavanagh, MET Level 2 Specialist)
- Mobility for Running (Balance, Flexibility, and Strength)* Tuesday Dec 10
- Cross Training and Strength* Thursday Dec 12
The Clinic will take place at Breakaway, 1000 Osgood Street, North Andover, MA.
All sessions begin at 6:30pm and will last between 1:15 and 1:30 hours.
We have a limited amount of spots available. Registration is on a first come basis. As a member of MVS the entire 4-session clinic is $45.00. A single session is $20.
Run Right Clinic - Dec 3-5-10-12
This is a unique opportunity and perfect time of year for MVS runners to work with experts in their field and get your season off to the right start. I hope that you will be able to join us.
*Gait analysis, mobility, and cross sessions have a strong correlation. As will be discussed during gait analysis, an inefficient gait is frequently related to poor mobility. Mobility problems can and should be corrected through cross training; strength, flexibility, and balance work.